Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Jill Was Here!

Jill came to visit last weekend and she was raring to go! We decided to leave the woods to Jill. We have 1.5 acres of land, which is awesome, but unfortunately the previous owners used the woods to throw out their trash. And not just the small stuff, but the big stuff too. They used to have a hot tub- we found it in the woods. Well we sent Jill into the woods- she admits to losing her faith in humanity, but hopefully it returned before she left. I was gone all day on Sunday taking pictures and when I returned the change was impressive. Jill had gotten the driveway and garage under control in addition to the huge piles of trash that were amassed. I don't mean to give Jill all the credit- Marc was her workhorse and the results were impressive. Excepts for the toilets, everything in these two piles came out of the woods surrounding our house- hot tub, basketball hoop, trampoline- and much much more.


We called a scrap metal person who came and took the large pile of scrap metal. A dumpster was ordered and arrived yesterday- Marc and I filled it with the pile in the yard and all the carpets and pads that we ripped out. Feel like we are on our way now. Garage Door people are coming tomorrow to get the garage doors up and running- right now only 1 out of 3 actually work.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I am with Jill...but I have to confess that I'd kind-of lost my faith in the humanity of your house's previous owners when I saw the pictures of the laundry room! And I do realize that my Grady (mother's) side makes me less tolerant of a little filth than the average person, but oh my God! Who disposes of hot tubs and basketball hoops in the woods behind their house? Wow!

On the other hand...I always appreciate a good story, and I think I'll get almost as much mileage out of this as I would if I were in your shoes!! :)

Heather said...

WOW.

You guys are kicking butt and taking names with this house. I have never seen such drastic improvements in such a short time. Your house must be very happy that you are its new owners. :)

manj said...

I'm with Kristin. Dumping garbage is bad enough, but dumping it in one's own yard? Wow. Don't even know what to say about that. I'm thrilled to see all the wonderful progress you have made on the house though! Very nice!