Wednesday, June 9, 2010

End of the year events

Well it is that time of year again. As school winds down the kids school days are filled with fun activities and field trips and not so much academics.

2 weeks ago I became volunteering mom- woo hoo! Biggest downfall was the 95degree weather- boo! So on Tuesday Justin had field day. Not the field day of my childhood, which involved "real" sporting events. This is much more fun. [For a reminder of Jessica's field day 2 years ago click here.]

Justin enjoyed the afternoon, but admittedly it was tough to due to the weather- phew!


Get this kid on a track team to do the hurdles- ASAP!




The very next day I went with Jessica's class to a local nature center for pond study. The kids were told to wear long sleeves and long pants due to things like poison ivy and ticks. Um, yeah it was 95degrees. BUT Jessica would rather DIE than break the rules so she dressed appropriately. When she told me to do the same I said, "um nope uh uh I am an adult". Again I think the heat took some of the enthusiasm out of the children- as did a smidge of dehydration.


I decided to teach the kids a hand slapping game to fill some down time- they thought I was cool.


Both kids were very excited that I was there- I should enjoy it now because I am pretty sure my presence will be seen as annoying soon enough.

1 comment:

michelled said...

You were sure a super-trooper. Love the action shots of Justin.