Saturday, June 6, 2009

Field Day!

Friday was Jessica's Field Day at school and she was so excited. Wow do I envy the Field Day that she has at school compared to the one I used to have. I was never psyched for mine. It was real track and field events and there were winners and losers- I never won a ribbon- ever. But now it is fun and crazy events- no winners no losers and lots of fun. I didn't volunteer to help but I promised Jessica I would try to stop by.

Here is her face when she realized I was there- yeah I need to help out more often, see how happy she is when I am there?

This was the challenge she was competing in at the time of my arrival.

Next up was a clothesline game- her team was slow at the start because the first boy up had NO IDEA how to use a clothespin. Jessica was the only 2nd grader on her team, everyone else was older, but she held her own.


This was a cool one that involved passing a small ball along these half tube things. Once you passed the ball you ran back to the line and the next person came to have the ball passed to them to make it to the finish line. Every time the ball is dropped they have to start over- it happened many times, but never at Jessica's fault.

Potato sack race...
Here is the tug of war. Soon after I shot these pictures I got roped in to join them. After that I left, I was a little scared what else I would be asked to do.


Jessica's favorite game was one where they kicked off their shoe to see how far it would go. One of my goals for next year is to volunteer in her class more. It means SO MUCH to her when I show up.

Open House was last week and I can't tell you how many mothers made a point of seeking me out and telling me how wonderful Jessica is in the class. How much they love her and how sweet she is to everyone. While we know it, it is very nice to hear it from so many others.

1 comment:

michelled said...

My kids can't believe you have that blow up thing and tug-of-war at Stony. Neither at Soule. Lame!