Monday, January 4, 2010

Yankee Candle

With two full weeks ahead of vacation ahead of us I decided to take the kids to Yankee Candle for the day. Justin has never been there and it had been a long time since Jessica went. So we walked in and went into the room with all the votive candles. We smelled them and made these faces....
Then we played around on the fake car.
And in the fake pirate ship.


Then my kids, well acted like my kids, they found the stuffed animals and settled into a lengthy imaginary game monopolizing the entire couch and most of the reading area until I shooed them away after 20 minutes or so.
We even made our own jar candles.
The big news of the day was Justin's first loose tooth. He had first noticed it the day before- I think he actually thought he would get into trouble when he told me. By the next day it was really loose and he was getting all bummed out that he couldn't only eat certain food and handed half his lunch over to Jessica. He kept fiddling with it the whole time at Yankee Candle. Not sure you can tell but here is a "before" picture. It is on the bottom.

The whole way home he was talking about having Macaroni and Cheese because that was the only food he could eat. So he sat down at the counter with his bowl of M&C and took a big bite, and then he burst into tears and spit out the bite and it was covered with blood. [Not sure what happened but I think he might have bitten down on the spoon.] At this point I realized I could just yank that thing out and that is what I did. It took him awhile to calm down and I think I took this pic before he had mellowed out.

He was quite happy to eat the entire bowl of M&C after the tooth came out. He was excited by the $1 and the DVD Santa Buddies that he got (since in our house you get a DVD with your first tooth- don't ask).

No comments: