Friday, March 28, 2008

My First Baby

Bonk is 13 years old and with that comes some new issues. Yesterday he had a tumor removed from his right hip. When I went to pick him up the receptionist warned me that the incision is much larger than I might have expected. I was glad for the warning because I almost burst into tears when I saw him. The thing about Bonk is that this is not his first surgery, the other two were for some scrapes he got into outside. What amuses me about him is that he is go groggy and barely able to walk around the house but still he drags himself to the door and asks to be let out- as if! He has to stay inside until the stitches/staples come out. When I was trying to clean up the incision area yesterday Justin panicked and said, "Watch Out! He has spikes!" So here he is, so hungry from his fast that he gobbled down his food when he got home and then promptly threw it all up.

2 comments:

Kelly H. said...

Oohh, Bonky. Poor baby. I like how his fur appears to have been shaved in a heart shape. No cone???

Deb Hanna said...

no cone, he is not much of a stitch puller. he has yanked a couple of times but in the process of trying to clean the area. he is pretty pathetic. I noticed the heart shape too.