Saturday, March 29, 2008

This Afternoon

Justin spent the night at Grandmommy's house last night and it sounds like they had a great time. When I arrived they were reading a book. Then Justin brought me a different book, this book is a photo of a frog and every time you flip the pages the frog changes. In the first one the frog is dressed as a cowboy (seriously don't ask) and it says he "rounds up rustlers"...

Justin: Mommy do you know what rounds up rustlers means?
Me: What does it mean?
Justin: There are bad guys stealing other people's cows and then he shoots their legs off and takes their legs to jail.

Mom and I are laughing so hard. I can only imagine what Mom actually told him but I think I like his version the best. Mom tried to explain but seriously a jail full of legs? too funny.

On our way home Justin said he wanted to play Chest when we got home (Chess). He really enjoys playing. He loves taking other people's pieces and figuring out how the pieces move and he loves putting someone else is check. But here is the thing. If you take a piece of his that he really likes, say his castles, he will burst into tears. So on the way home he says that he wants to play Chest but that I can't take his castles because that will husherate (frustrate) him and make him cry. Definitely puts me in a quandry. We played, and I only made him cry once, not bad. I asked if we could play in the family room because it was nice and sunny there so he assumed that meant I wanted to play right in the sun. Oh yes, and he won.


And two of Bonk, trying to get us to let him outside during our entire game.


Off to give Bonk his antibiotic pill- fun fun.

3 comments:

Kelly H. said...

Too funny. We like to play "Chest" in our house too. That is literally how they both say it. Go figure. We got the kind where you use cards to help you. Fewer tears, but gets us "hushrated" too.

Jomama said...

Grandmommy's side of this story: What does the sheriff do? Justin says, "He shoots the bad buys dead". I say, "He may just shoot them in the leg so they won't run away." Later, as we are reading the book for the tenth time, I tried, "The sheriff probably takes them to the jail". Of course, you see what Justin's interpretation of "them" was.

Bec Odell said...

Yup, "chest" here too. Too funny.