Saturday, April 5, 2008

Some Before and After pictures- Dining Room

Thought you might enjoy seeing some before and after pictures of one of our "get the house ready to be sold" projects. The Dining Room was painted in a very strong blue- to match our china of course. So we painted the Dining Room Shaker Beige, the kitchen, and breezeway are also now this color as well. It has been decluttered and I recovered the chairs- they were definitely showing wear and the yellow no longer matched. Pardon the before pictures, I did not clean the room before I took them, and they are not technically that great either, but they will give you an idea of the changes.





The cabinet in the corner in the above picture will be going in the PODS soon. If you look closely you will see that it is empty in this picture. So what do you think?

4 comments:

Kelly H. said...

Ok, I get you're "supposed" to do this to sell your house, but I miss the blue dining room that I always loved...sigh. Shaker beige looks great though.

Bec Odell said...

I love the blue seat cushions. I know I've already told you this...

Anonymous said...

Have to agree with Kelly that the "after" pictures in this case ARE less interesting than the before pictures. But that's okay. Someone who hates blue walks in through the front door and gets an immediate bad impression. With the beige they can let their imaginations run wild -- seems like so much less work to make something the way you like it when you start out with a neutral than with a color -- especially a dark color.

BTW...when do the before and after kitchen pictures come??

-Kristin M-S

michelled said...

You are doing an awesome job getting ready....it will pay off!