Friday, April 25, 2008

My Little Ponies

Sara came over to play one day last week. Her mom told her she could bring 10 ponies, but it seems that Sara was able to stuff 25 ponies in her backpack unnoticed. It was a beautiful day so I told them they had to play outside. So between Sara's ponies and Jessica's very large collection my deck and backyard looked like this....

I realize the days are numbered for the ponies. Honestly at age 7 she is probably on the older side for these. But I love the innocence that these toys represent. They are so sweet and she has loved playing with her ponies for so many years. I have given away or sold off many of their toys, but I think the ponies are staying even when she is tired of them because they are so much a part of her and who she is right now.

1 comment:

Bec Odell said...

I feel the same way about Emma's horse/American Girl doll play. I know the years are numbered. Seeing my nieces at 10 and 11 - I know it's coming. Sniff...