Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A few house improvements

So first of all I know I am WAY behind in blogging. But you see the thing about summer is that the kids are here ALL the time so I am having a tough time getting to the fun things like blogging. I will try to add a few things every now and again and hopefully I will be caught up soon.

As you might remember there were two trees outside my kitchen window. I have had it in for these trees since before we moved in. a) they completely block my view of the backyard/ pool area so that is annoying b) the kitchen is very dark as it is so why should I block what little light is coming in and c) they didn't bloom or do anything pretty so I really didn't see the point of keeping them around.

One day Marc, finally sick of listening to me complain about the tree and hesitant to allow me tree cutting priveledges, set out to cute them down.




For some reason Marc stopped after cutting one down- not really sure why. And before he got to the other one a robin built a nest and laid some eggs inside thus delaying the trees demise.

The next big improvement was to our master bedroom closet. After we added the closet organizers to the kids closets and realized what a difference that made we began to make plans for our closet. We had to completely empty our closet in order to have the wood floors laid down- so it seemed a good time to move ahead with our plans. Here is the before shot. It was just a wire U shaped shelf/ hanging bar.

Marc designed a new closet organizer on line, had it delivered and then installed it himself. Here is a picture at the half way part. The plan was for the other side to have the same set up- but after putting it together and beginning to fill it up we realized we didn't need quite all that space so we have left an opening along the wall on the left side- offering some breathing room and a place to sit and put your shoes on. We also filled in the holes on the wall that were left behind by the previous owners.


It is SO NICE and we have tons of space now- anyone remember when we didn't even have a closet in our bedroom?

1 comment:

Kristin said...

LOVE the closet organizer! Can you share the URL where Marc designed it? It's gorgeous and perfect!