Monday, August 23, 2010

Sharon's Shower

At the beginning of July I was heading out to NY for my friend Sharon's baby shower. Before we left Jessica and I went for a tour of her new school. Yes our town is changing the school set ups and now all 4th and 5th graders will go to the same school. As we pulled out of the driveway we noticed a peculiar site on the yard. We got flocked. It is a fundraiser for the Lacrosse team I think. They place a flock of Pink Flamingos in your yard. You have to pay $20 to have them removed or you can pay $30 to have them placed in someone else's yard. Yeah we coughed up the $30 and had lots of fun discussing who would receive our gift (the Dunklee family won the prize).

On the way back from the tour I called Marc to make sure he was going to mow the lawn since it was getting out of control I was hosting parties for both their classes later in the week. I am not allowed to mow since I seem to have the knack for breaking the mower every time I use it, and no I don't do that on purpose. By the time we arrived home it was raining but Marc was out there mowing. Mostly to teach me a whiny wife lesson I think. But he refused to stop so he mowed the entire lawn in the rain. When Amy arrived to pick me up you could hear Marc singing or saying, very loudly, "Nope it isn't at all ridiculous that I am out here mowing the lawn in the rain". The kids thought that was awesome so they joined them. Here they all are posing with my flock.


What to do after the lawn was mowed? Go Swimming of course! I think it was at this point that Amy mentioned her son would rather live in this house than with them.

Amy and I then headed off to pick up Jen Weaver who was flying in from NC and was going to surprise Sharon. Hi Jen!

We hung out that night with Sharon and Tom which was very nice and got to see their apartment and their plans for where they nursery was going to be set up. The shower was a small Smithie affair that the Ritz for tea.

Hi Amy (she hates having her picture taken but realized it was going to happen so she should just smile).
The guest of honor arrives.

Hi Angela! Angela made the mistake of mentioning to someone else that she has a lovely guest room in her apartment in Manhattan. She and her husband have no children and was a little surprised when I mentioned that my kids and I would love to take her up on her offer of the guest room. Hmmmm still haven't decided if I will go through with it.

It was a small group- no pics of me though- so sad.

Sharon is expecting a girl- so she had to get a Smith sweatshirt- right?

And to prove how far behind I am in my bloggging.... I got a call from Amy on Saturday that Sharon had her baby, a girl, Caroline and everyone is doing well. Can't wait to go down and see her in person and maybe, just maybe, take a few pictures....

No comments: