Friday, February 4, 2011

Guest Room Before and After

Biggest Transformation yet! Been awhile since I posted some before and afters. We put hardwood floors upstairs in our three bedrooms and the hallway but left the fourth bedroom until this fall. Before I left for Scotland we emptied out the room so that Marc could do some repair work and I painted it when I returned. The hardwood floors went in a week later. Let's roll back the clocks a little...

This is what the room looked like when we bought the house. 3 boys were calling this room their bedroom.

Here is a shot of the lovely carpets the day we closed.

Here is the room just before I left for Scotland- wallpaper removed and ready for its transformation.
And here it is today! I kept waiting until I had the room all "perfect" before I posted pictures, but decided that is never going to happen so Voila! Hardwood floors replace nasty carpet and walls are now a calm and lovely beige.

View #2 looking to the right from the doorway...






Day we closed- yummy carpets!




The area we now refer to as Lego Land- it keeps them away from my bare feet at least.


Here is the closet- we haven't put the new door on yet- we have it, just bought a hollow core for the closet door. Hopefully our children can refrain from punching and kicking holes into the doors. I was hoping it would be a game room and a linen closet closet- right now mostly a game room closet. We added lots of shelves. No, I did not clean up the closet for the pictures- keeping it real.



Not bad right? You would stay here, wouldn't you? If I made my kids move their Legos out of the way so you didn't step on them and scream aloud.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I still think the parents had some kind of serious psychological affliction. And remind me...how many kids in the house? How many bedrooms? Why 3 boys sharing a room? I thought you said there were 5 or 6 kids?

More to the point, very nice transformation! And, yes, I would stay in there, Legos or no!

michelled said...

How fun!! Love the before and afters. The room looks awesome! So clean and comfy. Love the quilt on the bed. Your guests will be thrilled to stay there.

Anonymous said...

When examining the relation to its a loan, be sure to pay then this the objective payment along with setting up clear goals uk business angels association uk Even if the credit score is bad, you can still utilize a personal loan given you are ready to spend more interest