Thursday, June 12, 2008

Don't laugh at me

So we really want to sell our house. a) we are ready to move on b) we have found a house we like c) we want to be in our "new" house before next school year begins and d) maintaining a clean house is killing us. There is this belief out there that if you bury a St. Joseph statue it will sell your house quicker. Riiiiiiiiiight. I mocked, I laughed, I am not a believer. But alas my house has not sold. After the 3rd person mentioned that I should bury the statue I broke down and bought one, I am told I don't have to be a believer. For $10- price of statue and shipping I got my St. Joseph. Now let's be clear they also sold him with a statue of St.Jude, saint of desperate situations, and I did not get that. So here is our St.Joseph, all ready to be buried and sell our house.

um, yeah, moments after opening the box I dropped him and broke his head off. He looked more like John the Baptist at this point.

Don't worry Marc glued his head on- phew! He is buried and ready to bring on the sale! Seriously don't mock me.

5 comments:

Mrs. Cook said...

Tears are streaming down my face, I had to call you. Left a message with Marc that you are so funny. Can't stop laughing...!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously don't MOCK you??? How can I NOT Mock you?
Laughing very hard - you chopped his head off! That can't be good...

Kathy Stewart said...

Silently mocking and laughing and mocking some more.

Kelly H. said...

Ok, I think his mojo probably wears off when you crack his cranium from his body. Thoughts people? I think if it doesn't work, you need to spend another $10. Maybe $20 and get the St. Jude. If you lost the head you could spend $30 and get St. Anthony to help you find St. Joseph's head! Can you tell I was Catholic??

meg said...

classic :)