Monday, June 9, 2008

More from Frost Valley

I know I am behind in blogging and with the end of the year there are many events that are occurring but first I need to finish with our Frost Valley Visit. So what does one do at Frost Valley for the weekend? We started with the climbing tower on Saturday. Both kids were pretty willing to give it a try, but they decided before they even started exactly how far they would go and once they made the goal they bailed out. Pretty sure they each could have gone farther but they were happy with their accomplishments and so were we. Here is Jessica getting ready to climb.

Here she is at the point she said she would quit, mere moments before quitting.

Justin on his way down...

Here is my family scootering over to archery. We were so glad we brought the scooters. Marc and I are ready to buy adult ones for us.

Justin wasn't that interested in doing Archery until we explained what exactly archery entailed and then he booked over. Couldn't believe we let him try an actual "weapon".

By far the kids favorite thing to do at Frost Valley was just sitting by the brooks and throwing rocks into the water. Daddy showed them that many of the rocks work like chalk when wet and they had a great time trying out different rocks to make different colors. Truth be told this is one of our favorite things to do at FV as well.

We made Tye Dye T-shirts- of course!

We learned about animals.

We made candles.

We saw old friends both human and animal. This is Hamlet one of many birds on property.

We went on a trail ride (ok the kids did).

Guess what Jessica's horse did on her ride....

We ended Saturday night the way you would expect at camp, with s'mores!

Here are two pictures I took of the kids at High Falls on Sunday morning.

The look I got when we said, "please just look at the camera for one picture".

The kids running along the "new" path the High Falls- much bigger and more accessible than the way we bushwacked to get there.

Well that about sums up our Frost Valley adventures. Next few posts will cover the end of the year events.

3 comments:

Mrs. Cook said...

Take me take me!!! Wow! Have I mentioned I love that place? Sounds like heaven. I love the last pic - and the one of Jess near the end. Can't wait to see the end of year pics - you've been so busy!!

Anonymous said...

Hey...where are my Hamlet pics??

Kelly H. said...

Dude, I'm exhausted just reading that. I bet the kids slept like rocks that weekend!!