Saturday, August 2, 2008

Cape Cod!

We spent a wonderful relaxing week in Cape Cod with good friends this week. The kids are a wonderful age that requiring very little from us. So Bec and I got to sit in our beach chairs, read our books, watch the kids and talk for hours- soooo nice. I only pulled out my camera when we went to the Brewster Flats, so check in to Bec's blog in a few days for some pics of the kids at Sheep Pond. These pictures are in no particular order other than the order I took them. I love this first picture of all 4 children running at full speed to an island they discovered.


Just to be clear, Jack was not mad at me in this picture. I asked him not to smile because when he was smiling it was... well... a bit goofy.
Could not get Jessica to look up at me for ANYTHING. Finally I told her I would give her $10- ha ha ha, joke's on her.
The only picture of all 4 of the kids- almost all of them are looking.


Emma, beginning to look way more than her 9 years of age.



Ok, here is a picture of Justin and a lady that he met on the beach. Justin spent most of his week talking to strangers rather than us. We decided not to take it personally. This relationship started when he walked across the beach to her when he saw her looking in her bag, he wanted to know what she had in her bag. Then for about 15+ minutes she proceded to walk around with him and take his picture. At this point Bec got a close up of her face, in case we needed it for the Amber alert. I was not that concerned, that was until the crazy lady told me she always wanted children and never had them and she could just "take him home with me". Well thanks for the head's up! Honestly more amusing than harmful.
Look! Jessica can stand on water!

As good as I got of Justin this week. I won't share the picture where I asked him to smile like he was happy- he did not look happy.

and what kind of a vacation would it be if it didn't end with a visit from this guy!
um, yeah, that is the AAA guy breaking into my car which is running with the keys in the ignition. Thank you AAA!

All in all a wonderful week. The kids are so comfortable in the Senior Odells Cape home now. They just walk right in and make themselves at home. He is not sure what to call them, but he figures if Grandma and Grandpa is what Jack and Emma call them, then that works for him too. Jessica tells everyone that every summer we go to Cape Cod and North Carolina. Well one down, one to go! North Carolina in two weeks!

2 comments:

Kelly H. said...

Can we not invite "that guy" to NC???? Looks like you guys had a ball!!

Kelly H. said...

Holy gorgeous shot of Justin's eyes. A keeper for sure.