Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day At Mystic Aquarium

All summer I have been saying, "I want to go on day trips with the kids" and "I want to take them to Mystic". Well with our crazy summer schedule day trips were actually hard to pull off. So we get back from vacation late on Saturday night. On Sunday Jessica says, "I wish we could go to just one more place before school starts". At the last minute I decided to get up and go to Mystic Aquarium with them. They were so pumped. I haven't been in 17 years and I have to say, was it always this small? It was great for a one day trip but I don't see spending more than one day at the Aquarium. Anyhoo... Jessica was very excited to see the Belugas.

One of the coolest things was the Outback bird experience. You go into a big cage filled with birds. They give you a feed stick to bring in with you and if you are lucky you can hold a bird on your stick. Here is Jessica holding her bird [um yeah that is her brother's hand trying to sneak in and "steal" her bird].
Here is Justin holding a bird that some nice man gave to him [there is a good chance he said something like, "will you give that one to me?" when I had my back turned]. Soon after I had mastered getting the birds on the sticks they all got spoooked and took off for the ceiling. Oh well, we got out of there without any poop on us so I consider it a success.


Then we went inside to look at some fish.


We enjoyed touching all the sea life- they said we could.

After the Sea Lion show it was 1:00 and boy were we hungry. But, here's a surprise, the line was out of control at the cafe. So we decided to have our Penquin Ice Cream Pops first- how cool am I? That way at 2:00 the line was much shorter for lunch.



So we went on to touch some more things- ewww a lizard.

One more, of Jessica amusing us at lunch.

This was our official last hurrah of the summer!

2 comments:

Kathy Stewart said...

I hear ya sister on the kids fighting thing. What is it about the week before school starts? I went to a Kindergarten moms coffee this morning, and the speaker asked if anyone was still bringing their Kleenex to school. Uh NO! I do my happy dance every morning.

Kelly H. said...

We're still 6 days away from school starting. Think of me in July next near when my kids gets out...