Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Every year Justin's school invites the moms to come for lunch. They sing us a few songs and serve us a meal especially made by them for us. This year the theme was Dancing with the Stars. They showed us a video of the children in groups of 3 doing different dances, the macarena, the bunny hop, the twist, the Irish jig, and the Mexican Hat Dance. Then they invited the Moms to come and and do the dance with their child. Justin was a bunny hopper- unfortunately I have no pics of me hopping- too bad.

Here is Justin as soon as he saw my camera on him he covered his face- so cooperative this one.

Here I caught it on video for you...




But then he realized that was annoying and he gave it a shot for real, this song is always a bit of a challenge...


After our dancing we headed upstairs for our delicious lunch. First we took our seat at our home made placemat.

a little treat for our feet. Justin was very proud that he chose to make mine purple, my favorite color.

our program...


Now this is the third time I have had lunch here for mother's day, and I have to say this was the best meal yet. The two of us finished off everything.

my yummy cake and cream dessert- mmmm- we finished this too.

Me and my guy! I am wearing a star pin that Justin made for me.

3 comments:

Kelly H. said...

Awwww. I like the bath salts idea, what a creative teacher. I think we need to cook up some faux camera front for you. Though I suspect it would be hard to make it Justin-proof (aka would actually fool him). The videos were excellent. Can you say high school video yearbook material???

Heather said...

That is so sweet. Glad you had a good Mother's Day.

Mrs. Cook said...

Mmm..that lunch looked so yummy. And nice presentation! I love that school! What a nice day you had! And so nice to include one of you and Justin. :)