Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cookie Day

[disclaimer again: absolutely no editing occured on these photos so please ignore the horrible yellow tint that clouds the indoor shots- thank you]

The first weekend in December was Cookie Weekend. We, the cookie club, were planning on getting together on Sunday to share 3 types of cookies- 2 we bake ahead and one we bake together. So I spent Saturday baking cookies. Justin and I made M&M cookies. He was a champ.

Jessica and Marc didn't really have an interest in helping- then when the M&M cookies came out of the oven they suddenly appeared. Justin and I had just read the Little Red Hen story the night before- are you familiar with that story? Who will help me make the bread? Not I said the others. But when it came time to eat the bread they were all willing to help- but the Little Red Hen said no you didn't help make the bread so you don't get to help eat the bread. Justin and I discussed it and we decided we would let them eat some even though they didn't help.

I think that made Jessica a little nervous so she jumped in to help with the next batch of cookies. An oatmeal slice and bake that contains chocolate chips, toffee chips and craisins.
I also decided to make a caramel slice and bake pinwheel cookie. Justin was put on caramel unwrapping duty- he did a great job and only ate a few...

On to Sunday- we met at Dee's apartment around noon. Dee had been baking all morning. She made spritz cookies because it is fun to have different shapes on the plates.

Dee working hard.

Becky's hugs on holiday pretzels waiting to go in the oven.
Robin and Dee- don't we all look so nice on Cookie Day?
Emily stopped by to help out and play Vanna for Dee's almond cookies.
hmmm, no pics of Becky, not sure how that happened.

Here is the end result back at home.
My little elves making up the boxes to share with teachers and friends.

3 comments:

Kelly H. said...

Uh - YUM! Question for Dee, just made my first ever spritz cookies today. When do you add the food coloring? with the egg/vanilla? Or into the butter/sugar? They all look VERY yummy!!

Dee said...

I love spritz cookies - simple but so yummy and pretty! I add it right at the end. I make the dough and then drop in the food coloring, give it one final stir/mix and it should be good to go!

Mrs. Cook said...

Great pics!! You are very good at the food pics too. I heard they are hard to master.