Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Gingerbread houses and Xmas stuff

Since Justin is in school full time I figure it is about time I actually volunteer at the schools. Fall is a tough time because of my business, but since things are quieter I have stepped it up. I volunteered to chaperone a field trip for Jessica and she was over the moon excited. She couldn't stop talking about it for the entire week before. Then last week I signed up to bake 6 dozen cookies for the teachers at her school, help with gingerbread houses for the 3rd grade, and supply the baked good snack for both of their class parties- um oops I think I am going to spread it out a bit more in the future.

The entire 3rd grade does gingerbread houses. Each child was asked to supply a carton, box of graham crackers, can of frosting and $2 to buy the candies. I got their early to help set up. There are 3 classes, so each class was assigned to one long table.

Jessica working hard on her creation. It became clear that when they asked for parent volunteers what they really wanted was help cleaning up- the kids did not need or want help at all.
Jessica's friend Olivia.

Jess with her teacher and some classmates.

Jessica's friend Sara.
The madness in full swing.
The whole class displaying their houses.

Jessica's end result.
For Jessica's class we made Cake Balls- didn't think I could pull off Bakerella's cool creations. So we improvised. I made the balls with a cookie scoop and put a candy cane in it instead of stick. It didn't really matter what they looked like- they were pretty yummy.

and for a little photography fun: the unedited version.
Did quite get this house decorated. We put up our inflatables but because we are at the top of a hill the wind really did them in. We used to live on a street where only 3 people put up lights, now we are on a street where everyone has lights up- we look so dull and boring. Definitely going to up our game next year. Here is a glimpse of a little of what I did. That garland on the railing lights up. I have so many extra stockings that we decided to hang them up and NO they won't be filled by Santa- the kids asked. Jessica has decided to use the Hogwarts stocking that Becky's mom knitted for me a few years ago.

A very cool sunset a few nights ago.

4 comments:

Mrs. Cook said...

I am drooling...Jessica's gingerbread house looks DELICIOUS! Nice decorations, beautiful sunset. And good for you for volunteering!! So FUN!!

michelled said...

You're going to have many beautiful sunsets in that spot. It always looks beautiful when I am driving down Stony Hill and look to the left!

Hope your Xmas was merry!!

Anonymous said...

What is the best platform to trade real forex? I mean, considering most of the features, like if its trading software is good, if it's reliable, if the money transfer of deposit and withdrawen is fast, if it's convenient to do trading with it, if the support is fast and effective, and so on and so on. Is there any good platform support Paypal or has european bank account? Thank you for informations. I'm planning to do real trade, but first only with a mini account.
[url=http://forexrobot-review.info]best forex software[/url] [url=http://sbasports.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=409&p=4585#p4585]unlock iphone[/url]

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!