Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Jessica on Voting

Yesterday was Super Tuesday. I voted yesterday and brought Justin with me. Marc waited and voted after dinner and asked if the kids wanted to go with him and they both did. This is the conversation we had as Jessica was getting her shoes on:

Jessica: is there a girl running?
Us: yes there is.
Jessica: ok, I think we should vote for her because a girl has never been president and I think it is time, don't you?
Us: the fact that the girl is doing so well makes us think that some day a girl will be president.
Me: Jessica I think in your lifetime a woman will be president. Maybe you can be president.
Jessica: (screws up her face) me? I don't think so.
Me: you don't want to be president?
Jessica: well... maybe I will.

And off they went to vote, Justin wearing his red power rangers costume. Jessica was very happy to hear that the girl won in Massachusetts.

1 comment:

Bec Odell said...

HC won in Emma's class election too, with 9 votes- Emma was quite pleased. Obama was next with 5 votes. Not sure after that. She said one kid voted for Ron Paul.