Friday, February 8, 2008

Lego Boy

Justin does not play independently very well or very often. So when he does I try not to do anything to disturb the moment. In this situation before we went to school today he had dumped out a bunch of Legos at the top of the stairs and was playing so nicely that I decided to leave the Legos there in the hopes that he would pick up the game again when we returned home after school. Well he did for a few minutes. I was folding laundry in our room and I really wanted to try to take his picture. I knew I only had one shot at it since he would be on to me pretty quick.
True to form he was soon in the room asking me to play with him so I made him clean up the Legos first. Later in the day he did the same thing, dumped them all in the hall at the top of the basements stairs. For those of you that are familiar with our house there is no more trafficked area then this section of hallway- it kills me. Of all the places to dump hundreds of tiny pieces he picks here. He and Jessica were playing for 45 minutes before bed and we let them leave their creations out- in hopes they pick it up when they wake up and let us sleep- but we had them move the Legos first. If you hear I have broken a leg, there is a good chance I slipped on a Lego and fell down the stairs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, at my house, Justin first deposits books, toys and his favorite, make-up, in front of each doorway. Glad to know it's not just me.

Bec Odell said...

Nothing like stepping on Legos with bare feet too - OUCH! I like the pic in B & W.