Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day Part Two

No pictures for this part. Was awoken at 8:30am from a DEEP sleep. Jessica had it in her head that they were going to bring me breakfast in bed. Now, Marc knows how to make scrambled eggs, he can toast a piece of bread, he can even pour cereal in a bowl. Does any of this show up in my breakfast at 8:30 am? Noooooo the kids bring me a Bison Burger, grapes and chips. I wish we did have a picture of the look on my face I can only imagine. I choked down a bite of the burger, Marc finished it. Justin happily crunched on the chips.

Jessica was very excited to share her gift with me. It was all I could do to get her to wait from Friday when she brought it home until Sunday. It was a laminated poem type of thing. On the top is says My Mother: (and she wrote) I love her she is very nice. At the bottom the letters of the word Mother are lined up on the left and she wrote something for each letter:

M y Mom is the best
O ver and over she cares for me
T ogether we love her
H ow I love my mom
E very day she is nice
R eally nice

After church I headed off with Becky, Robin and Dee to see "13" at the Goodspeed at Chester. The entire cast was aged 13 or 14 and so was the orchestra. It was very fun. Some of the performers had amazing voices in their awkward 13 year old bodies. Pretty sure the audience was padded with their very enthusiastic family. We enjoyed it very much and then went on to a yummy meal at Sage's. I had a great day with great friends. Hope everyone else had a good Mommy's day too.

4 comments:

Mrs. Cook said...

Love the breakfast in bed..laughing out loud! And the poem was so cute. Do you think she thinks you're nice?! Glad you had fun at the show and dinner. Mother's Day 2008 was awesome!

hil and ron said...

What is a Bison burger?I had toast and juice and fruit, because I knew that I would be joined by the clan in bed, so we thought syrup or milk in cereal would make me have to launder the sheets on mothers day!!!

Kelly H. said...

Seriously, what is a Bison Burger? Pretty sure it's nothing I'd want. Very sweet of them. I say next year to turn their clocks back an hour or two....

Deb Hanna said...

a hamburger made from Bison meat. supposedly tastes like Beef, can't say I agree as it tasted like puke at 8:30am.