Monday, May 5, 2008

Observations on selling our house

This is the longest my house has maintained this level of cleanliness. We have had a showing every day for 5 straight days. I have become one of "those" moms. Every morning I go upstairs to grab clothes for Justin. I open the windows, pull up the shades, make their beds and pick up their floors. I have never been that mom. Jessica said to me on Friday night, "Mom why do you do this to my bed everyday?"

The stager suggested we have a bowl of fruit on the kitchen table. Fine, whatever. Guess what? My kids now grab fruit on their way by, they never did when it was in the fridge. I have had to refill this bowl many times. Love having a fruit bowl (of course there was never any room on any counter before).

The Dining Room is pristine beautiful. So, the kids are eating at the kitchen table- they think that is so funny. Guess what? I DO have an eat in kitchen, we just never did before.

Justin said last weekend, "can we just move already?". I know buddy, we feel the same way. It has been hard since we have been preparing and talking about it since September.

1 comment:

Kelly H. said...

What an excellent commentary. I think this should be the headliner story in the "Get to know the Hanna's" category. Riotous.