Monday, February 2, 2009

CAUTION! Children at play...

When screen time is removed Jessica and Justin create quite elaborate imaginative games. It usually involves ALL of their stuffed animals and much of the living room gets involved as well- why play in their room or the playroom when there is a perfectly good nearly empty room available? This morning they were deep into some game when it was time for Jessica to head to school. Justin told me that all of the animals were stuck because the game was paused and would be played again when Jessica returned home. Hmm... so you are saying I am not allowed to clean up? So I did a little tour to see just what I was going to be avoiding today...

First up the shoe highway- for some reason the Pandas and Koalas were caught inside this roadway.

On the way to bed last night Jessica ALMOST picked up her moose and brought him upstairs but then she remembered he was there because it was part of "the game".

Let's not forgot the aquatic conga line on top of the couch.

Not sure what their role is but they look a little bit like they are in time out...

The line of dogs...

Love the bear family going on a road trip in the Speed Racer slippers...

Not sure what their role is either, it seems like they might be waiting to be pulled into the game- on deck if you will.
So I guess I just have to kick up my heels and eat those Bon Bons since I am not allowed to clean up. Of course there is no reason I couldn't do the laundry or clean the kitchen, but that is really nit picking don't you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

See... I was right! You DO sit and eat bon-bons all day...now I have proof! Well, I got to get back to WORK! ;)

Anonymous said...

BTW-Does Justin throw himself on the pile of "on deck" stuffed animals and wait for Jess to get home? Poor guy...

Mrs. Cook said...

OMG, that is so cute. My favorite is the conga line. You are so funny, Deb. :)

Kelly H. said...

You document the best stuff.