Saturday, July 18, 2009

6 days until Justin turns 6

Ok, I have LOTS of blogging to do- July 4th, Davis Farmland, Cape Cod- but I didn't want to forget to do this for Justin. I am already telling you I will miss tomorrow's post since I will be out of town, so look for 2 on Monday.

We will begin with one of the last pictures before he was born- I think this was taken in the waiting area. They were trying to send me home, saying I wasn't ready, I was refusing to leave. Nope no sir I was done being pregnant (he wasn't due for another week but that is totally irrelevant). We had told Dee she could be there for the birth and had called her to say that we were at the hospital but don't rush over since I was probably going to be sent home. 20 minutes later we get a call from the front desk that someone was there- it was Dee, she wasn't missing a minute of this birth!

Dee and I love to tell the getting born stories but I won't regale you with those right now- but feel free to ask Dee she would love to share. Justin arrived around 7:20 in the evening on July 24th. The delivery was fairly easy- that is the way I roll. We were all so surprised at how much he looked like Jessica. But unlike Jessica he was able to nurse right away.

Grandmommy brought Jessica the next day to meet her new brother.

Dee came back the next day too she couldn't stay away.

Awww....

Aunt Sheri came to stay with us for his first week. When Jessica was born we did not want anyone to stay with us. But when Sheri told us she was coming we were pretty happy. It was a long week for us!


Ok, off to Newport, be back on Monday.

4 comments:

Mrs. Cook said...

Aaaaaaawwwww!!! So cute! And look at baby Jess!!! You looked pretty dang good afterwards, Missy!! No fair! ;)

Kelly H. said...

Can't believe he's almost 6!!!! It's so funny to look back at their newbie faces and see the glimmer of the faces they have now. Love the "BIG Sister" shirt on Jess. There was nothing big about her then!!!

michelled said...

Impressive post-birth picture of you!

Cute post!

Jen K said...

I agree with all...beautiful pics.