Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Way Back Wednesday- Jessica's Dance Recitals

Jessica's dance recital was last weekend- and while I still have lots to blog about that I thought I would show a few pictures now for Way Back Wednesday.

This is from her very first year doing dance. We did the program through the rec department. It cost a little over $100 for the entire year- can't beat that. This was in 2004 and she was three years old and a few weeks later she cut 6 inches off her hair, but for this her long hair was in a ponytail.

Here we are age 4- she was a riot. She sang the song SO LOUD. We laughed so hard for her entire performance.
Age 5- goodness this was my least favorite costume.

Age 6 and this was our last year with the Rec department. I figured at this point I would be willing to shell out some real money if it was something she truly enjoyed.

Here she is last year, her first year with the Hampden Performing Arts Center. She was most bummed that switching studios meant that she wouldn't get a trophy until 5 years. This year we found out that they would count her years from other places so she got her 5 year trophy this year and will get her 7 year trophy next year.

And here she is this year. She was in two numbers, one jazz and one ballet. This year she got two different costumes. Here she is in her jazz number...


But she truly enjoys Ballet the most and she did a great job on her solo.


And the most improved photographer award goes to..... ME!

3 comments:

Bec Odell said...

Too, too cute Miss Jessica. I love the stroll down Memory Lane! I really like the ballet costume this year. Jazz was cute too. And that first pose... go Jess! :)

michelled said...

Awesome. Those were fun to see. And yes, you have to love the improved photography. I truly "LOL'd" when I read that.

Mrs. Cook said...

So pretty!! And yes, photography A+! She is just so adorable!