Friday, January 7, 2011

Cape Cod

Every year we spend a week in Cape Cod at the Odells house- it is a tradition. Last year we all wished we could have been there longer so this year we stayed from Monday through Friday. Bec agreed to watch my kids in the evening so that I could book some beach sessions too. We did a lot of the usual things. We hung out at Sheep's Pond and then we also checked out some different beaches too. These pictures are particularly in chrono order- it has been 6 months after all. This pictures just makes me laugh. Becky and I were playing cards one night and Justin decided to join us. Not sure what happened but he is so funny.

Here is the Annual everyone jumping off the raft picture!

Justin's jammers died and lost all elasticity and we wanted to take a picture. You will find a theme developing in many of these shots- goofy kids making goofy faces.
Here is another shot of the LONG jammers.

Playing games at the beach...

A little down time after the beach time.

On Tuesday night I had a shoot and Bec and the kids came along too. We love going to the bay at low tide it is very fun.
You never know what you can find...

And another annual shot- 4 goofy kids posing together.

You can draw crazy pictures.
Or play a giant game of Tic Tac Toe.
Here I am after my shoot pretending that I am still taller than Emma...

And here is Emma setting the record straight...

On Thursday we decided to go on a Whale watch. Matt had arrived on Wednesday night, so he was going to join us. Becky, Matt, and I had all been on a whale watch before with varying rates of success. Marc and I went on our first anniversary and it was AMAZING. A whale breached for 30+ minutes right next to our boat. The tour didn't want to leave and we were late returning. Becky went in high school and never saw one whale and Matt's previous trip they had seen one or two but no big deal. We went with high hopes.

Here we are goofing around a pirate gift shop before going on the trip.

Can you see my reflection in the mirror? not sure if I trying to coach Jack or just scared by his awesome impersonation.
Here we are all ready to go!

I believe this is when Justin's summer bromance with Matt began...

Not sure what they are doing but there is a good chance it involves an make believe wand in Jessica's hand- big Harry Potter fans here.

Here we go!
The end result: we saw lot of whales (but nothing quite as cool as I witnessed my first time). Jessica and Emma LOVED it and stayed at the rails the whole time. Jack enjoyed about 50% of it and as soon as the first whale was spotted Justin lost all interest. He just wanted to lie down with a coat over his head. Then as soon as the boat picked up speed to head back to shore so did Justin- so annoying. I contemplated asking for my money back from his ticket since he did not see a single whale. Here are some of the MANY images we captured.





No comments: