Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Katterskill Falls

Labor Day Weekend we all went to Frost Valley for the Camp Reunion- I will post about that next. On the way to Frost Valley we decided to stop and see Kaaterskill Falls. In all the time I was living there I had never been and Marc had only been one time. We were fighting the setting sun to get there. It was a bit of a bigger hike than we expected. Here are Justin and I taking a break.

Jessica taking a break.
Finally we made it and it was BEAUTIFUL!

Putting it in perspective... do you see Marc and the kids in the lower right hand corner?

One of my goals for this year is to take more family pictures. A photographer I follow set a goal for herself of one complete family picture every month. I am thinking about setting the same goal for myself for 2011, of course I now have 6 days to complete the first one- ack!

So I set up the timer and dashed across the rocks to join the family for the picture. It seems my rock dashing caused Justin some stress.

So we told Justin to not smile at all that was better than the alternative and voila! a family picture.

And then the coolest thing happened, the setting sun hit the falls, but the light only hit the top half. So glad we made it in time to witness this effect.




Then we dashed back to the car before we were left in the dark.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Very cool post! Love the sunset effect too.

And, BTW, so glad I couldn't get to your blog from China and you set it up for me to receive through email. Now I always know when there's a new post!

michelled said...

Great post. Great family shots!