Friday, October 10, 2008

The Ladies who lunch

Jessica is always asking for a "girl day", where she and I go do "girl" things together. Today she had no school and Justin did so off we went to do enjoy our girl morning. We went and had manicures and pedicures. First you pick your colors. Jessica had settled on some nice pinks UNTIL she saw the display with the bright fushia colors. Down went the subtle pinks and up came the bright pink and the turquoise. Here she is at the beginning of her pedicure.

I realized a bit too late that I hadn't really filled her in on all that would occur. Warm bath for the feet, massages, lotions, filing and all those things. So she was a bit nervous about the whole thing. I had a total flashback to when she was 18 months old or so and she would be nervous in a new situation. She was put on this strained smile and give this little nervous laugh- in fact her smile would look something like this...


By the time we were ready for our manicures she was in the swing of things. She was very quiet almost the whole time- besides the nervous laugh. The workers tried to talk to her but they had very strong Asian accents and she wasn't always sure what they were saying (me either). But they had lots of smiles for her and she for them. I think if we do this again, she will be talking up a storm, now that she is an expert.

Here she is end the end for the massage while she dries her fingers. She announced she really likes the massages.

Our final results. My color was a bit darker than I expected- but I stink at choosing nail colors. Not sure if you can see from these pictures but she got little flowers painted on her toe and thumb nails.

After our beauty time we went to buy birthday presents for some upcoming parties and then we went out to lunch. Not a cheap morning, but definitely a fun morning.

4 comments:

Kelly H. said...

Yeah!! Love the mani/pedi girl time. I think I just found what to get Jess for her next birthday...

Bec Odell said...

Weekly Friday morning mani/pedis - sign me up! :)

Anonymous said...

I JUST realized that you were wearing your Thailand bridesmaid flip-flops! Mine are in my locker at the gym (shower shoes)!

Danielle wanted to do some typing, so I let HER type D At the beg
inning of the sentence. As you can see from random caps, and sthuff, she's still touching buttons.

Anonymous said...

I loved your pictures Jessica! I am so jealous you have your own (girls day) Anyway,how are you? I hope you are well.

From,
Meredith.