Tuesday, October 28, 2008

New Septic System

Sorry I am so behind in blogging, but if you check my other blog you will see I have been busy. Anyway I realize I never blogged about the upheaval we went through a few weeks ago. In order to sell our house we had to pass Title V- meaning our septic had to be up to code. Well it wasn't. So we had to completely re-do the septic system. It shocked us how much of our yard was all dug up. For your viewing pleasure...

This is day one, our plumbing had to be completely re-routed in the basement. For a few hours this day I had to say over and over- don't flush don't flush don't flush.

Here is the new tank going in.

Check out the piles of dirt in my backyard. Wait, can you see the backyard?

here is another view- this is where the leech (sp?) field goes

This is the leech field after it is in place and they covering it up.
No after pictures- sorry. But imagine my backyard the way it used to be but intead of grass there is dirt with seeds that aren't sprouting spread on top.

6 comments:

Kelly H. said...

Oooo, that looks inexpensive!! And the whole septic concept totally icks me out. That really stinks, so sorry.

Deb Hanna said...

oh you mean when you flush it just goes away? not in your backyard? there is a concept that hasn't quite hit my little town- although they are working on it! The High School just got hooked up to sewer- woo hoo.

Anonymous said...

...so in other words, your backyard now looks like my backyard? Can Max come over & dig?

Deb Hanna said...

too funny! yes Amy, reminiscent of your backyard. but we are going to try to grow gras...

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that goal of growing grass in New England in October and November. Ugh! I'm thinking the amount of money you had to spend on that GIGANTIC process probably could have connected several homes up to a sewer system.

I don't suppose you had to do this because you have a potential buyer?

And notice how much we've all missed your personal blog. So many comments within such a short time of your latest post!

Deb Hanna said...

sadly no potential buyer. in fact we are close to taking off the market and enjoying our holidays. the new title V is good for 2 years (and should be good much longer)- so when we do go back on the market we should be good.