Sunday, March 22, 2009

Marc's Big Pile

I have been meaning to blog about this for awhile but I am just now getting around to doing it. Back at the beginning of the month we got this freak 8 inch snowstorm. We knew it wouldn't be around for very long since 50 degree temps were predicted for later in the week. By this time the sled run was no longer in existence either, but the big pile was still holding on. Marc went out to snowblow the driveway. He was out there for a VERY long time. The kids had already returned inside and still I heard the snowblower. "What is Daddy doing?" I ask. "He is making a really big pile!" they answer. So I go to look out the window. Yes they were right. Marc did not stop at snowblowing the driveway he went on to snowblow the entire front yard- what people must think of us. Here is a picture of the snow pile the next morning.

Just to put it into perspective...

Here is a very quick and not very good photoshop merge of Justin sliding down the backside of this pile.

Now the best thing about this massive pile of snow is that it will be here for awhile. So our huge pile of ammunition for snowball fights will probably last the rest of the month. We have snowball makers and snoflings that are used in these battles. Watch out Andrew! I think Justin just threw a ball at you!

Nope, Justin takes no joy in throwing snow at people, not at all :)

2 comments:

Mrs. Cook said...

Ha ha! Love that pile. It is the reason I found your house in the dark last night!! Love the four Justins too!! One more and you will have your six kids. :)

michelled said...

I forgot to comment on this when I picked up Luke recently. I forgot to have my husband do this in our yard this winter. Another friend of mine's hubby makes a big snow pile too and the kids play on it all winter. So fun!!!!