Sunday, March 22, 2009

This makes me happy

This makes me happy. This makes them happy. This is how they would spend every morning if they were allowed. In their jammies until noon. Their stuffed animals all around. Legos and other toys brought into play in various ways. Their imaginations run amok in their own world. Their voices changing with each character. Their story getting more and more elaborate. This fills their weekend and this is mostly how we spent February vacation. This is perfection.


But sometimes I worry, "Is this a girly way to play?". Would Justin play this way if he didn't have a big sister that he worships that loves imaginative play?

Then Justin's friend Luke came over to play. And they settled right into their own Star Wars/ Batman/ Rescue Hero world- voices, stories, plots. It made me happy.

And what could hold the attention of two 5 year old boys you ask? Why a video game on our big TV of course.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

That is a GREAT DAY of catch-up blogging. So pleased -- I was in HannaPalooza withdrawal.

Huge on the biking. We've got to get Meredith riding without training wheels. Problem is that both our driveway and street are steep hills. So we have to GO someplace to have her practice.

I think next weekend might be it though -- if the weather cooperates!

Deb Hanna said...

I know right?? I took a two week break- but I didn't stop taking pics!

I say work on Julianne- nothing like a little sibling rivalry to get the wheels off.

Mostly when it is right it is right- we tried to rush, it didn't work. tough with the hills though so I can imagine it is hard to work on it. we are on a quite street, which you know, so that made it easy for her to take up the whole street if need be.

Anonymous said...

Jess is wearing the cutest PJ's. I want them in an adult size!

Bec Odell said...

Makes me happy too!! Dee, I think they're from Target. They might have them in adult sizes! Target has some very cute owly stuff right now - PJs, bedding, etc. They're no monkeys, but a close second!

Anonymous said...

Good on you for letting your kids play like that. (I would greatly benefit from your relaxed attitude!) Congrats to Jessica on mastering the bicycle!! Life is so much more interesting as a family when all the kids are truly mobile! Have fun!