Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Way back Wednesday- my Dad

So my friend Michelle has been doing way back Wednesday posts recently. She has been scanning older photos and posting them. I didn't think I could join in the fun since my photos and scanner are in the PODS (don't get me started). But I decided to poke around in my Pictures folder and found a bunch I had scanned for my Aunt a few years ago. So here is my first installment of Way back Wednesday.

These are pictures of my father. These first two were taken just before he turned two. He had this long blond hair as a little child but not for long it eventually became brown- like me. It is fun to look for the family resemblances. My sister always looked more like my father, so I think her kids share more traits with him than mine. I have uploaded a pic of our kids at the end so you can be the judge. I see a lot of Ryan in this picture...

And this one looks like Rebecca- but I have seen that smile in my house too.

Here he is at age 6.

This last picture was taken much later. In my elementary school the PTA would put on a musical every year. It was so fun. Teachers and parents out of their element, dressed up and putting on a GREAT show. I LOVED these shows and looked forward to them every year. My Dad was usually on stage as well as involved behind the scenes. The performers became mini-celebrities afterwards and I was always so proud. I wish our schools did it now- I would totally be involved. [On a side note, my friend Robin, a teacher in a nearby town, was in a production of Grease at her High School last year. It was so fun and I didn't even know any of the other teachers- I bet those students got such a kick out of seeing their teachers acting their hearts out- they sold out every performance.] So here is my father as the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz.

Here are the four Singer grandchildren- you tell me, who is the most Singer-like?

5 comments:

Kelly H. said...

Ok, love this post. I miss Don and him asking me to see his stitches. I can't see Ryan in the last picture though, he got cut off. I'm thinking it's him or Bec though. Tough call.

michelled said...

I believe your sister's daughter gets the Singer-look-a-like award. You sister definitely resembles him more I think. Great photos. Neat that he used to be in the school plays. Good memories!!

Kristin said...

Oh, I love this post. Those musicals were the best. Remember Katherine's father in Mary Poppins?

So wonderful to see the pictures of your father.

manj said...

Great post, Deb. Thank you for sharing these.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, Deb..yes Rebecca and Kathy look just like him!! And yes, I see a lot of Ryan too. I've never seen pics of your dad. Great post!

-Em