Thursday, April 9, 2009

New Carpet

Justin is down here in the basement playing but he wants some company so I figured I would do some blog updating. We are hoping to get our house back on the market in a few weeks and just have a few more projects before we are ready. The first one was replacing the carpet in the TV room. We were 98% sure that it was not hard wood floors beneath the old nasty carpet. We were proved correct during the closet renovation- when this lovely linoleum was revealed. I just don't have the style to "work" this retro look - so carpet it is.

I walked into Artistic Floors in Springfield on Tuesday. Told them I was selling my house and I wanted a Berber carpet- not top of the line. Truth be told I almost didn't walk into the store because it is not in the greatest area of town and from the outside it was not that impressive to say the least. But I told myself what they save in overhead they must be passing on to their customers- right? Anyway she came out that afternoon to take the exact measurements. Checked out the room and told me we could probably keep our old pad and she would knock another $80 off the price. Sold! They came on Thursday, and an hour and a half later it was installed.

Here is Justin the morning of, watching cartoons before heading to school.

Here is the after. The previous carpet was a brownish color and besides being very stained was a little too dark. This carpet is lighter and makes the room so much brighter.


Very happy with our final product. Once the room is set up I will post before and after shots. The next and last big project is re-doing the floor in our bedroom. Most of it will be done when we go on vacation so we are inhaling the fumes.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Yet another terrific fix! And where are you going on vacation??

michelled said...

Awesome. Looks great!! No food or drink in that room!!!