Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hoppy Easter!

Yesterday was the Easter party at Justin's school. Each child was asked to bring an Easter Hat of their own making. We took an old cowboy hat (I believe a favor from an Odell party long ago) glued some Easter grass and plastic eggs on it and called it a day. Justin was so proud of his hat- do you see him in the back there?

My mistake was not taking a picture of Justin BEFORE we went to school. The whole contraption was pretty delicate and the eggs began to fall off pretty quickly. This was not Mrs B's first time to the rodeo so she already had the hot glue gun and extra eggs inside waiting. So here is Justin before going inside- I made him put the hat back on.

Or maybe he was just imitating Mrs S...
{oh I am so in trouble for posting this pic- I know I will hear about it on Monday}

Later in the morning I was driving by the school when I saw the EASTER BUNNY hopping inside. I was so curious I had to go inside. Unfortunately Mrs S missed the whole thing- she left to go to her son's school just before he arrived and returned right after he left- can you imagine the luck?

4 comments:

Mrs. Cook said...

Dude, you are soo dead!! Love Justin's hat too!! Cute!

michelled said...

Luke had that puss on too after his eggs fell off too.

Heather said...

So cute!

Bec Odell said...

So did you get in trouble? And yes, the hat was from our rained out cowboy party. I still have a few in the basement. Jack is wearing one Wednesday for the hoe-down at school. (It's a 1st grade thing- they learn a bunch of western dances in PE then all the classes have a hoe-down in the gym.)