Sunday, March 22, 2009

A visitor to our yard.

Jessica woke us up last weekend to tell us that there was a mother fox and her baby in the backyard. Well, that got us out of bed. My first question for her was "where is Buddy?". Once I ascertained that he was safe inside we peered out the window. What most concerned me was my understanding that foxes are nocturnal so what in the heck was this one doing hanging in the bright sunlight? Well it seems she has made a den under our shed as well as one under my neighbors shed. We saw her for a few days in a row but not in the past few. As soon as she catches a glimpse of us she takes off.



pardon the poor quality pics but I wasn't getting any closer to get a good shot :)

1 comment:

michelled said...

OMG!! I am so envious!! Love the wildlife...although would be nervous for Buddy.

So stinkin cute. Do you think there is just one pup? We see fox all the time during the day. No worries. It was when I saw the COYOTE recently in the back woods that I was slightly alarmed!!!